June 18th, 2013
As a homeowner, you deserve to be comfortable in your home all year long. Unfortunately, high energy costs can make this endeavor a costly one. There are many different ways that a professional HVAC technician can help you enjoy increased comfort, though, and in many cases you can do so while actually lowering your energy costs. One great way to boost comfort and energy efficiency in your home is to schedule a zone control system installation. By taking more control over the way in which energy is used in your home you can get the great comfort and efficiency you dream of. Contact DuAll Heating & Cooling today to learn more.
A zone control system incorporates of a number of dampers into the ductwork that your HVAC system uses to distribute conditioned air throughout your home. These dampers are controlled by a separate control system, regulated by thermostats that are spread throughout your house. By using a zone control system you can operate these thermostats independently of one another in order to regulate temperatures in different areas of your home. In doing so, you can maintain different temperatures throughout these different temperature zones.
We have all had company over at some point, and when you have a group of people gathered in one area of your home it tends to get a little warm in that area. With a zone control system you will no longer need to cool down your entire house just so that the people in that one room will be comfortable. You can cool that temperature zone independently of the rest of the house, leaving those unoccupied areas of your home at a more moderate temperature. This can help you to cool your home more effectively while boosting energy efficiency. No matter what time of year it is, a zone control system is a great way to get a better performance from your heating and cooling system.
To learn more about how a zone control system can help lower your energy costs year round, contact DuAll Heating & Cooling. Our Bolingbrook, IL zone control technicians will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Stop paying too much for a subpar performance from your HVAC system.
June 11th, 2013
If you are in the market for a new air conditioning system for the first time, or if you are ready to replace your old system that you bought years ago, you may be taken aback by the sheer number of air conditioning system options available to you. There are many different types of systems, and each has its own unique benefits. Determining which is best for you can be difficult task. It is always a good idea to work with a qualified air conditioning technician to make sure you get the best system for your needs. Here is some information to consider from the Plainfield, IL ductless mini split AC technicians at DuAll Heating & Cooling.
There are a few great benefits that ductless mini splits have to offer that may make going ductless the right decision for your home. The most obvious difference with a ductless mini split system is the elimination of the need for a ducted forced air distribution system. Because you do not need air ducts to circulate air throughout your home with this type of system, you will also not fall prey to the problems that sometimes stem from air ducts.
Because conditioned air does not travel throughout air ducts with this type of system, there is no way for energy to be lost through leaky or poorly insulated air ducts. This allows you to cool your home with greater efficiency than you may be able to with a ducted system. Plus, this design makes ductless mini splits a great option for homes that cannot accommodate bulky ductwork.
Another great benefit is the ease with which you can take advantage of zone controlled cooling with a ductless mini split air conditioning system. Individual, wall mounted blowers are used to cool rooms and areas of your home directly. This means that you do not need to cool your entire home just to be comfortable in the living room.
For more information about the benefits of using a ductless mini split AC in your home, contact DuAll Heating & Cooling. We can answer any questions you may still have. Let one of our Plainfield, IL ductless mini split AC experts help you decide if going ductless is a good choice for you.
June 4th, 2013
Forced-air heating and cooling systems use ductwork to deliver the cooled or heated air throughout your home. Your home’s ductwork is incredibly important to your home’s comfort and efficiency. Over time, contaminants can start to collect inside your ductwork and cause a variety of issues for your home. Getting Naperville, IL duct cleaning can have a number of terrific benefits for homeowners including increased air quality and increased efficiency. At DuAll Heating and Cooling we have years of experience offering duct cleaning for countless homeowners. These are a few of the most common duct contaminants that we find.
Naperville, IL Duct Cleaning Contaminants
With all the years of experience that we have here at DuAll Heating and Cooling, we’ve seen all different types of duct contaminants. We offer complete Naperville, IL duct cleaning and wanted to share some of the most common things that can start to collect in your home’s ductwork.
- Dust – As you might expect, dust is probably the most common contaminant that we see in ductwork. Dust is usually comprised mostly of dead skin cells. If you have children or pets then the dust levels in your home can be elevated. When you get Naperville, IL duct cleaning duct cleaning you will likely see a decrease in dust. As air moves through your ducts it will pick up the dust and carry it throughout your home.
- Pet dander – Pet dander is another common contaminant that we see in homes that have dogs, cats or birds.
- Insect and rodent droppings – Dust mites and cockroaches can leave their droppings inside your ductwork. These are major allergens for a lot of people. By removing them with Naperville, IL duct cleaning you could be able to improve the comfort of people in your home who suffer from allergies.
- Pollen – As your air conditioning and heating system pull in outdoor air, they will likely also pull in outdoor contaminants like pollen. This can get trapped in your ducts and continue to get circulated throughout your home.
For all your Naperville, IL duct cleaning make sure that you call DuAll Heating and Cooling. We can get to your home and quickly and thoroughly clean your entire ductwork system. Give us a call today to learn more about the benefits of regular duct cleaning.
May 27th, 2013
Memorial Day, which is observed on the final Monday of May every year, is an opportunity to honor and commemorate those military personnel who have fallen while serving their country. The day began in the aftermath of the American Civil War, when the country was damaged and in need of remembrance. Originally called Decoration Day, owing to the flowers that would decorate gravesites, its principal purpose has been to mourn those who have died during service; but it’s also a time to come together as a country and take stock of the way that our soldiers have shaped this country.
There is a national moment of silence and various events throughout the day. You may see volunteers putting flags up at your local cemetery or flowers decorating war memorials. It’s also a reprieve from our work schedule that should be enjoyed in tandem with remembrance. We wish you all the best this Memorial Day.
May 23rd, 2013
You likely use your air conditioning system a lot which means that it can sometimes need to be repaired. However, eventually you will need to replace your air conditioning system entirely. But knowing when that time is can be difficult. The Romeoville, IL air conditioning replacement professionals at DuAll Heating and Cooling can help you with any kind of AC services that you need. We often get called to repair and replace air conditioning systems so we thought it would be a good idea to put together some of the benefits of replacing your AC system.
Signs You Need Romeoville, IL Air Conditioning Replacement
Being able to tell when it’s time for air conditioning replacement can sometimes be difficult. Here are a few of the signs that you need to replace your AC.
- Frequent repair
- Strange noises
- Humidity issues
- Inefficient operation
Benefits of Romeoville, IL Air Conditioning Replacement
Replacing your air conditioning system can have some tremendous benefits for homeowners. Here are a few of them.
- Increased efficiency – New air conditioning systems are much more efficient than older ones. Even if your air conditioning system is only a few years old, new AC units are incredibly efficient. By replacing your air conditioning system you might be able to increase the efficiency of your home.
- Increased comfort – Keeping your home comfortable is likely a big priority for you. If you have an older air conditioning system, your home might not be as comfortable as it could be. By getting Romeoville, IL air conditioning replacement you could be able to increase the comfort of your home.
- Reduced repair – If your air conditioning system is suffering frequent repair you might be able to reduce the need for repair by replacing your air conditioning system.
For all your Romeoville, IL air conditioning replacement and repair needs call the specialists at DuAll Heating and Cooling.
May 17th, 2013
The air filter in your air conditioning system is there to protect the working part from dust and dirt. There are tremendous consequences if you don’t change the air filter on a regular basis. Call the Romeoville, IL air conditioning repair and maintenance experts at DuAll Heating and Cooling today. We thought it would be a good idea to put together a quick list of some of the common problems caused by a clogged air conditioning filter.
Why Change Your AC Air Filter
The air filter in your home’s AC system is by far the most common cause of air conditioning issues. As the air filter gets more and more clogged it will restrict the flow of air into your home. That restriction of air will result in a number of very serious problems. Here are a few of them.
- Increased repair – As the air filter in your AC gets more clogged, it will make the equipment work harder to pull air inside of it. This increases the strain on your AC unit and could result in increased repair.
- Decreased efficiency – Another huge problem is that your air conditioning system will have to work harder to pull air into it. This greatly reduces the efficiency of your air conditioning system and will likely result in a reduction in efficiency.
- Reduced Comfort – With a clogged air filter, your AC won’t be able to keep your home comfortable. The Romeoville, IL air conditioning repair and maintenance technicians at DuAll Heating and Cooling will help you make sure that your system works well and that it is able to keep you comfortable.
For all your Romeoville, IL air conditioning repair, maintenance and installation call the friendly specialists at DuAll Heating and Cooling today.
May 9th, 2013
As summer begins to heat up the Illinois landscape, you may have already begun thinking about your air conditioner. Spring is a great time to do so. Now is the time to take care of any repairs or system replacements, long before we need our cooling systems to keep us refreshed on a daily basis. But if your system is old, or requires frequent repairs, then you may be in the market for an AC replacement. Fortunately, there are numerous options available, from central air to ductless mini splits. If you think you might need Bolingbrook, IL air conditioning replacement, call the experts at DuAll Heating & Cooling today!
Let’s take a look at a few reason to replace your existing AC for new model:
- Frequent repairs. If you’re constantly having to repair your AC, then you should probably consider replacing it. Instead of propping up an obsolete cooling system, why not invest in the future of your home comfort with a highly efficient and powerful new AC? This is a big decision and one that is best made in consultation with your local pro technician. Weigh your options, and consider the long-term savings of a new system, in addition to the uninterrupted performance!
- Old age. If your AC is older, then you should at least be thinking about AC replacement. After a certain age, there’s no telling when your old AC may stop working. Also, it’s worth considering the power and energy efficiency of today’s units, which far supersede those models of even just a decade ago. It’s better to invest in your home’s future, then be stuck paying high energy bills with an old system.
- Energy efficiency upgrade. Many of today’s central air units boast SEER ratings of over 18, with some ductless units with ratings of up to 27. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and it’s a fairly good barometer of how your new AC will perform. The higher the number the better the ratio between electrical energy input and cooling output.
We hope this gives you some things to consider if you’re interested in replacing your current AC. Call DuAll Heating & Cooling today for Bolingbrook, IL air conditioning replacement services.
May 9th, 2013
On May 1, the U.S. Court of Appeals granted the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) motion for stay of the compliance date for non-weatherized natural gas furnaces. Under the regional standards rules, new minimum energy conservation standards of 80% AFUE would go in effect as of May 1, 2013. The stay delays the effective date until November 1, 2013 and eliminates the possibility of these rules being enforced by states, building inspectors, etc. despite the notice of ‘non-enforcement’ issued by the DOE.
At DuAll Heating & Cooling, we know it’s important for you to be aware of changes to regulations and rules that affect your home. Check our blog for regular updates, tips, and news, or call us today for more information.
April 30th, 2013
If you have a forced-air heating and air conditioning system then many different kinds of contaminants can start to accumulate in them. When you run your AC or heater, those contaminants can get picked up and carried into your home. The Plainfield, IL duct cleaning professionals at DuAll Heating and Cooling have many years of experience working with countless customers. Most people don’t realize what kind of things can get caught in their ducts so we thought it would be a good idea to put together some of the most common pollutants that we find.
Common Duct Contaminants
Probably the most common contaminant that we find is dust which is primarily composed of dead skin cells. During the winter when the air gets drier dust levels can increase. Because modern homes are built very efficiently it can allow indoor air contaminants to increase in the air—including dust. During regular duct cleaning, our technicians will thoroughly vacuum out your home’s ducts and remove most of the dust. Dust is a common allergen and it can also build up on your home’s furniture.
Pet dander is another common contaminant that can cause comfort problems in your home. If you have pets in your home it likely means that your ducts have a lot of pet dander in them. Pet dander is another common allergen that can wreak havoc on the comfort of people who are allergic to them.
Pollen and insect droppings are also very common to find in ductwork. Insect droppings from dust mites and cockroaches are terrible allergens for many people. During duct cleaning our technicians will vacuum out many of those contaminants which could increase the comfort of people in your home.
For all your Plainfield, IL duct cleaning make sure that you call the friendly experts at DuAll Heating and Cooling.
April 23rd, 2013
Dependable access to clean, hot water in our homes is one of the greatest luxuries that we enjoy. Any disruption to your water heater service can have a serious impact on your comfort and the convenience in your home. Water heaters, like any other appliance, are going to need to be repaired at some point. When that time comes, call the Naperville, IL water heater repair technicians at DuAll Heating & Cooling. No matter what issues you may be experiencing with your water heater, DuAll Heating & Cooling can help. Schedule your water heater repair services as soon as you discover a problem with your system.
Among the most common problems that homeowners experience with their water heaters is a complete lack of hot water. Opening a hot water faucet only to discover that the water is cold is very alarming and, as is the case with most water heater problems, there are a number of possible causes. To make sure that your water heater issues are properly diagnosed and resolved, enlist the aid of a qualified plumber. If you have an electric water heater, their may be an issue with the heating element. In a gas water heater, your pilot may have gone out. This can be an issue with the gas supply itself, or a faulty component. The thermocouple may be malfunctioning, stemming the flow of gas, which will then kill the pilot light.
Also quite common are issues with insufficient hot water. This is a problem that most of us have dealt with at some point. You’re in the middle of a relaxing hot shower, and all the sudden the water goes cold. Again, there are a few different issues that may require professional repair service. With both gas and electric water heaters, there may be a problem with your thermostat. It is also possible that it is just not set properly. The storage tank of your water heater may be inadequately insulated, allowing heat to escape. This can be fixed with a tank jacket or, if necessary, replacing the tank. If you have a tankless hot water heater there may simply be too much demand. The heating elements in your tankless water heater may also require repair service.
Make sure that your water heater is as efficient and reliable as possible. At the first sign of trouble, call DuAll Heating & Cooling. We can handle any Naperville, IL water heater repairs you may need.