You’ve read previously on our blog about how much routine air conditioning maintenance can benefit you, and in various different ways. Are you curious as to what precisely goes on during an AC tune-up, though? If so, read on to understand the process a bit more clearly. This is far from an exhaustive account of the service, but it should give you a better idea of not only how involved AC maintenance is, but also of why a trained professional must do the job. If you are ready to schedule air conditioning maintenance in Bolingbrook, IL, give a member of our staff a call today.
The maintenance checklist followed by any respectable HVAC technician will prove to be quite intensive. When you schedule your air conditioning maintenance service with us, you can count on an exhaustive tune-up from qualified professionals. Tasks completed include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils. These coils play vital roles in the heat absorption and venting process, so your air conditioner will not function properly if they are covered with dirt and grime.
- Checking electrical connections. Not only does this ensure proper voltage and current across system motors, it also helps your system to operate safely.
- Thermostat settings check and device evaluation. You use your thermostat in order to regulate the operation of your air conditioner at large, so it must be functioning correctly.
- Measuring refrigerant levels. Your refrigerant is not used up like gasoline, but is instead recycled in a closed loop system. Low levels indicate leaks, and may lead to serious operational problems/costly damages.
- Checking/cleaning condensate drain line. Your system removes humidity from the air in your home as condensation, and a damaged or leaking drain line can lead to water damage in your home.
Schedule AC maintenance with the pros here at DuAll Heating & Cooling.