Is your heater working, but not quite as well as it should be? Is your heater not achieving the temperature set on your thermostat? A heating system that is working ok, but not great, most likely needs furnace repair in Plainfield. There can be a few reasons why your furnace isn’t producing the heat it should be, and it’s best to hire a professional to determine the reason why. At DuAll Heating & Cooling, our NATE-certified technicians can handle any heating issues you may have, so call us today.
Reasons for Reduced Heat
There are a few reasons you may experience reduced heating with your furnace:
- Dirty air filter – dirty air filters can restrict air flow, which can decrease the volume of air flowing through your system, including the amount of warm air being delivered to your living spaces.
- Faulty ductwork – your ductwork suffers wear and tear like any other part of your system. Cracks, holes and disconnections can create a great deal of air loss, which can result in less heating reaching your home.
- Problems with the blower – the indoor fan that blows the hot air into your ductwork may be experiencing issues. A worn fan belt can decrease the amount of air flow, as can a problematic blower motor.
- Imbalance in the system – there is a certain balance of pressure that needs to be maintained in order for your furnace to work correctly. Faulty ductwork can throw this balance off, making it hard to heat.
- Blocked registers – make sure all vent registers are clear of debris, furniture or drapes as this can interrupt the flow of air.
- Dirty burner – a burner that has a layer of dust and dirt can’t operate as it should, which may reduce its heating output.
Reduced heating can compromise your comfort and cost you money in extra energy usage. As you can see, there are a number of reasons why a furnace may have decreased levels of heating, which is why it’s important to hire an expert to inspect and make needed furnace repairs in Plainfield.
If you are experiencing problems with your furnace, call DuAll Heating & Cooling today and schedule an appointment with one of our professionals.