We hope that your New Year has gotten off to a good start. In the coming weeks, you’ll probably be reflecting on what went well (and not so well) in 2015 and how you can do better in 2016. While it’s important to make personal improvements, you may also want to change things up at home. One great way to improve your quality of life while also saving money is by taking energy savings seriously.
- Regular HVAC maintenance. In our climate, we have to be prepared for hot summers and long, cold winters. That means our HVAC systems take a beating year in and year out. And with such use comes wear and tear to sensitive system components, whether caused by weather or accumulated debris. Take care of your air conditioning and heating system, and you will reduce its energy consumption and save money. It’s that simple.
- Consider a new water heater. You may be surprised to learn how inefficient your water heater has become. Have it inspected to see what’s going on if you suspect that you’re paying far too much for basic heating. We offer both tank and tankless water heaters.
- Get your ducts cleaned. Chances are they are dirty. Not only is this bad for air quality due to the amount of circulating debris, but it also slows down air, which can result in excessive energy consumption over time.
- Install a new smart thermostat. In this day and age, there’s simply no reason to treat your HVAC system as an “on/off” system. Take advantage of energy savings with a smart thermostat, which offers a more dynamic control system that adjusts to your needs.
- Get a new HVAC system. If your system is old, then it simply cannot compete with today’s high-efficiency models. If this is the year to replace your air conditioner and/or heater, then make sure to take the efficiency ratings (SEER, HSPF and/or AFUE) into consideration. Also, make sure it’s professionally installed.
Get in touch with DuAll Heating & Cooling today for outstanding water heater and HVAC services in Bolingbrook, IL.