The last thing that you want to happen in the middle of summer is for your air conditioning system to just stop working. If you turn on your AC and nothing happens or if you hear the fan motors running but only warm air comes out, you should call the Romeoville, IL air conditioning repair experts at DuAll Heating & Cooling. These types of issues are pretty serious and usually require the service of an AC repair professional. Here at DuAll Heating & Cooling we wanted to offer a quick explanation of why your air conditioning system might be unresponsive. Give us a call if you have any questions or if you need us to come out and take a look at your air conditioner.
Romeoville, IL Air Conditioning Repair: No Cooling
When your air conditioning system stops work or if it is just blowing warm air there are a couple of different causes. Actually, this is a fairly common problem and your AC contractor will likely be able to figure out a solution very quickly. Here are a few possible explanations.
- Bad thermostat – If you’re lucky, this will be the fault of your thermostats. It could be that your thermostats’ batteries are dead or the wiring inside has gone bad. Either of these cases is ideal because the solution is just to replace the batteries or to replace the thermostats themselves which is also very easy for a professional air conditioning repair company.
- Clogged air filter – Another easy fix for your AC professional is if this problem is being caused by a clogged air filter. Your air conditioner has an air filter that protects it from sucking in dust and dirt. If the air filter gets clogged it can keep any air from getting into your home from your AC.
- Motor capacitors – Your air conditioner uses a few different motors to provide cooling in your home. The fan in your home, the fan in the outdoor unit and the compressor all have motors that use capacitors to provide a boost of energy in order to start. If the capacitors are bad then it means that the motors can’t start and you won’t get any cooling in your home.
- Bad compressor – Your air conditioning system uses a compressed refrigerant to remove heat form your home’s air. If the compressor isn’t working then it means that the refrigerant isn’t getting compressed and your air conditioner can’t do its job. This issue will be indicated by warm air being blown into your home when you need cool air.
- Fan motors – If your air conditioning system isn’t pushing any air at all through your home it could be that the fan motor in the indoor unit is broken. You can check this by going outside and checking to see if it is making any noise. If it is working normally but the inside system isn’t then it could be fan’s motor.
For all your Romeoville, IL air conditioning repair make sure that you call the professionals at DuAll Heating and Cooling today.